Serafina Scrapping

Serafina Scrapping

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chirp, Chirp, and Enjoy

 
Hello, Just thought I would post a really fun project. This wooden birdhouse can be purchased from your Michael's $1.00 bin. I painted the item with Folk Art - True Burgundy paint. I then used buttons of various sizes for the roof.

 
I covered the birdhouse midsection with K&Company paper. I then took some of that same double sided paper and tore off and curled the edges to get the green paper look. A UT Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly was punched out and placed near the bird resting peg. I added some Recollections rhinestone bling and added some Recollections and I am roses flowers and leaves. Some Recollections-Summer Lace Trim was added under the roof and around the bird house to get some unexpected color.

 
Tim Holtz- "Dream" Adage Ticket was added for extra lure. Finally, Folk Art - Pearl White paint was used on the buttons, to give an aged roof feeling, and to the burgundy bottom of the house. 

Chirp, Chirp, and Enjoy, Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment